“Leaders operate in a continually changing landscape and are required to respond swiftly to market forces,” said Ann Marie Stieritz, president and CEO of Liberty Fellowship and a Fellow from the Class of 2016. “This group of dynamic leaders will be a wonderful addition to our global and statewide networks who work together to foster collaboration, innovation, and sustainable growth.”
In addition to her role at Charleston Law, Guang Ming is also in her second term as an elected Councilwoman for the Town of Mount Pleasant, and she was recently voted Mayor Pro Tempore by her fellow council members.
She currently serves on the Board of Directors for several organizations, including: the John and Martha Rivers Performance Hall Foundation in support of the Gaillard Center, Explore Charleston, the Municipal Association of South Carolina, and Mugs for Moms, a nonprofit focused on maternal mental health. She is also the Chair of Lattice Climbers, a nonprofit focused on teaching life skills to young adults.
The Lowcountry leaders are:
- Grayson Dorr, Senior Project Manager, Advanced Technology International
- Elizabeth Fly, Director of Resilience and Ocean Conservation, The Nature Conservancy
- Margaret Furniss, Vice President of Brand Experience, Beemok Hospitality Collection
- Jonathan Grzyb, Founder and Managing Partner, Phoenix Holdings Partners
- Mena Mark Hanna, General Director and CEO, Spoleto Festival USA
- Jamilla Harper, Chief Operating Officer, Metanoia Community Development Corp.
- Lana Kleiman, Executive Director, Charleston Legal Access
- Estee Perlmutter, Advanced Practice Nurse, Liberty Doctors
- Alyssa Richardson, Founder and CEO, Develop South Carolina LLC
- Maj. Christopher D. Turner, Field Artillery Officer, South Carolina Army National Guard
- Guang Ming Whitley, Assistant Professor of Law, Charleston School of Law
- Gillian Zettler, Founder, G. Zettler Collective
The Class of 2025 will begin their Liberty Fellowship experience with a series of five, multi-day seminars in South Carolina and abroad in March 2024. Each Class member will also be required to create an impact venture that establishes positive change for future generations in South Carolina.
Upon successful completion of the initial program, the Class of 2025 will join 330 leaders in the Liberty Fellowship South Carolina Network and 3,500 leaders in the Aspen Global Leadership Network. Through these two networks, they will have lifelong opportunities for engagement and access to an influential group of colleagues and mentors.