The Law Library will reopen to the Charleston School of Law Students on Monday, August 17th at 7:30 am
Monday – Friday: 7:30 am-10:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm-10:00 pm
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 am-7:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm- 8:00 pm
About the Library
Some library and circulation services have changed for health and safety reasons. Please carefully read and adhere to the following changes.
- During the fall semester, the Law Library will remain closed to Alumni, members of the State and Local Bar, and local student population. The Law Library will continue to be closed to the public.
- Student entry of the law library is now the two main entrances through the Barrister
- Student exit of the law library is at the end of the main entry hall past the reference desk and book sanitizer
- Social distancing and mask mandates are to be followed at all times while in the library.
- The Barrister and rooms M101 and M102 are available as open spaces for students adhering to all health and safety protocols
- Rooms M101 and M102 are available for group study and October Bar Takers and may be in use for that purpose at any time during operating hours.
- All study rooms and seating bookings are now required for studying on the 1st (Lower Level) or 2nd ( Upper Level) floor of the library.
- The seat bookings for the Instructional classroom on the 2nd floor of the law library are for students needing to attend their online course while on campus. Headphones are required in this room.
- For Advanced bookings of all library seating and study rooms use the link below or by using the menu on the right https://charlestonlaw.edu/sol-blatt-jr-law-library/book-a-study-room/
- Real time bookings of library seating and study rooms can be made at the circulation desk and are assigned based on current library availability.
- Facilities staff will be cleaning seats and study rooms between bookings. Please assist us in expediting this process by adhering to your booking time.
- Law Library Staff may have their doors closed while in their offices. On each staff door, you will see a placard stating their current availability to assist students in person.
- Students should approach the desk one at a time and maintain social distancing while waiting.
- Returning all books used in the Library or Checked out: place the book on the cart in front of the desk and exit through the door to your immediate right.
- Checking into a Study Room: have your room number and school ID ready. The group member who made the booking should be the member checking in at the desk. The staff member on duty will give you a key to unlock the study room. All keys are sanitized upon checking out of the study room.
- Checking out of a Study Room: Use the QR code (or link in your email) to check out. Be sure to lock the door behind you. The group member with the key should proceed directly to the circulation desk. Return the keys to the circulation desk. Please exit through the alley side doors to the right of the circulation desk.
- Checking out a Course Reserve: have the title and your ID ready and let the staff member on duty know what you need. Course Reserve titles can be borrowed for three hours and will be sanitized upon its return.
- Checking out materials other than Course Reserves: All library materials (including in library use items) must be checked out at the circulation desk or the self-check-out machine. If you need assistance locating a resource, please have titles and call numbers ready. The staff member on duty at the Circulation or Reference desk will be happy to assist you.
- Using assigned library seating: enter lower or upper level using the stairs or hallway past the reference desk. Seating maps are available on the library website. Proceed directly to your assigned seat. Upon checking out of your seating, immediately exit the library to help expedite the cleaning of that area for the next patron.