The Department of Career Services sponsors the Career Series to help students learn more about different areas of the law and get practical advice from leading attorneys in these areas. The Career Series is ongoing and offered in the fall and spring semesters.
During the Spring 2021 Career Series, students will learn about opportunities with the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office and explore careers for lawyers on Capitol Hill and in criminal prosecution with the United Nations. They also will learn about how to develop a successful family law practice and discuss how the practice of immigration law is expected to change. For questions about the Career Series or to suggest a Career Series program, please contact:
Spring 2021 Career Series Programs
- Careers with the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office, with Deputy Attorney General Barry Bernstein, Human Resources Associate Krystal Hart, and Human Resources Specialist Sara Adcock, Wednesday, January 20
- Careers in Family Law, with Maria Averill and Megan Hunt Dell, Wednesday, February 3
- Careers for Lawyers on the Hill, with Kyle Smithwick, Wednesday, February 17
- Careers in International Criminal Law: The Experience of a U.N. War Crimes Prosecutor, with Cody Corliss, Wednesday, February 24
- Careers in Immigration Law, with Brad Banias and Nina Cano Richards, Wednesday, March 3
Programs are from noon – 1 p.m. online through Zoom. Students should sign up to attend on Symplicity by going to events and then workshops. After signing up, students will receive the Zoom link.