The right of a student to repeat or to be reexamined in a course is limited as follows:
- A student may repeat any course from which s/he withdrew and received a “W” for the course.
- A student who receives a grade of “F”, “W”, “WA”, or “WF” in a required course must repeat the course.
- In all other cases, a student shall not be permitted to repeat any course without the approval of the Academic Standards Committee. The Committee may grant such approval only upon a showing of appropriate circumstances (and never for the sole purpose of allowing the student the opportunity to pursue a higher grade for the same course or to improve the student’s grade point average).
- In the case of repetition of a course, both the original grade earned and the grade earned on repetition shall be reported on the transcript and computed as part of the student’s cumulative grade point average.
- In the event the committee grants a petition under subpart (3), a student shall not aggregate credit hours towards the graduation requirement, but credit hours shall count for purposes of the total number of credit hours a student can take in any term.