Charleston School of Law seeks to create a campus environment that welcomes and fosters diversity in broad aspects. The Departments and Offices work to be inclusive. The Office of Diversity Initiatives, in particular, carries out the mission by creating an inclusive environment on campus, in the Lowcountry, and throughout the State of South Carolina.
The Founders of Charleston School of Law created this law school (only the second in South Carolina) to reach those who were underrepresented in the legal profession and to address inequities that exist among South Carolinians. The Founders created Charleston School of Law with the two main objectives listed in its Mission Statement: (1) To teach the practice of law as a profession, having as its chief aim providing public service; and (2) To teach the law as a means of providing relief for those who suffer because they are helpless, weak, outnumbered or because they are victims of prejudice.
Creating Change through Campus Events
Change Created by Inclusion and Diversity
- Legal Interests and Information
- DiscoverLaw.org– This website has information for those considering law school!
- Testimonials from Current and Former Students
Creating Change through Community Outreach
- Cultural Initiatives
- Diversity Week 2019 Flyer
- We are Family Charleston Youth Count Goals and Objectives Methods Values Partners Milestones March 2017
- Constitution Day – see the 2017 event video here
- Círculo Hispanoamericano de Charleston Scholarship —- (scholarship guidelines)
- South Carolina Women Lawyers “Food from the Bar” Challenge 2017 – 2017 winner!
- Hispanic Heritage Month – Fiesta Latina event