Student Affairs FAQ

Student Life

Where is the Department of Student Affairs located?
The Department of Student Affairs is located on the second floor at 385 Meeting Street.

Where is the Room Reservations Calendar?
The Room Reservations Calendar may be found by clicking here. Please check the Room Reservations Calendar before booking events or selecting meeting rooms.

How do I reserve a room for a meeting?
Click here to make a Room Reservation Request. Please submit the request at least three (3) days prior to the event. You will receive a confirmation email once the reservation has been confirmed. Please allow forty-eight (48) hours for a confirmation. The requested room may not be available simply because it is available on the calendar. There may be a request for the same room waiting to be processed. If you need assistance selecting a date and time for your event, please schedule a meeting with the Assistant Dean of Students.

Are security escorts available in the evenings? How can I reach them?
The Charleston School of Law Security augmented by City of Charleston Police Officers patrol the School of Law campus. Security officers are available to escort students during school hours. If you need a security escort, please call 843.377.4911, the duty cell phone number carried by School of Law Security. If you see anything or anyone that looks out of place or suspicious, please call 843.377.4911 or 911.

How does the School of Law notify me in the event of a campus emergency or closing?
Emergency notifications and school closures are disseminated through the following internal and external communication channels:

  • e2Campus Text Alerts. Urgent notifications sent via text message to Faculty, staff and student cell phones will appear from “CSOL Alert.” To opt-in for this service visit
  • Website. Visit for updates.
  • Emergency Hotline. Emergency or weather-related information will be recorded on the voicemail of the School’s Hotline, 866.599.4299.
  • Email Notifications. An email with further instructions will be issued to the internal community via the “CSOL Alert” distribution list.
  • Social Media. The official Charleston School of Law Facebook and Twitter pages will publish emergency information via status updates.
  • TWEN. Information will be posted on School of Law community accounts under the “Announcements from Administration” folder.
  • Message Boards. Internal message boards will alert students in the event of an emergency.
  • News Media. Check local news outlets for updates on closures and delays.

Who is the School of Law’s Bar Admissions Counselor?
Students with questions regarding the Bar Application or the bar admissions process should meet with Dean Barker.

Where do I find my Professionalism Series attendance?
If students have a question regarding attendance they should meet with Dean Barker.

Where do I find a listing of available housing listings posted with the School of Law?
The Department of Student Affairs maintains a list of housing options available to students. During the school year, housing options are posted on TWEN. For assistance with housing, please call Betsy Marchant at 843.377.2456.

How do I receive a locker and where are they located?
The Department of Student Affairs assigns lockers to students. The School of Law provides the lockers free of charge and they are located in Room 201 of the Sol Blatt Jr. Library. Please contact Betsy Marchant to inquire about a locker.

How can I obtain a new student ID if it has been lost or stolen?
If your ID is lost or stolen, report it immediately to School of Law Security at 843.377.4911 AND so that your security badge may be deactivated.

Where can I secure my bicycle?
Bicycle racks are located on the first floor of the parking garage and behind the Library by the back door.

Student Involvement

How do I start a new Charleston School of Law Organization?
Students interested in forming a new Charleston School of Law Student Organization should meet with the Assistant Dean of Students in the Department of Student Affairs.

How do I become involved in a student organization? 
Students interested in joining a Charleston School of Law Student Organization should contact the President of that organization and/or meet with the Assistant Dean of Students in the Department of Student Affairs.

How do I get involved with the Student Bar Association?
The Student Bar Association holds Executive Board and Senate Elections each Spring. 1L Senate elections are held during the Fall semester.

Counseling and Wellness

What counseling services are available for students?
For information regarding student counseling, please click here.

What gyms offer a discount to School of Law students?

Where can I find information on Student Health Insurance?
Please contact the Assistant Dean of Students, Jennifer Summers, in the Department of Student Affairs for student health insurance information.


Where can I find a copy of the Law Student Handbook?
The Law Student Handbook may be found on the right hand side under “Quick Links”.

Where can I find the Charleston School of Law’s Code of Conduct?
The Code of Conduct may be found in the Law Student Handbook or by contacting Dean Brett Barker.

To whom do I report Student Code of Conduct issues?
Please report Code of Conduct violations to Dean Brett Barker.

Current Students Quick Links