The Department of Career Services sponsors the Career Series to help students learn more about different areas of the law and get practical advice from leading attorneys in these areas. The Career Series is ongoing and offered in the fall and spring semesters.
During the Fall 2017 Career Series, students will learn about postgraduate and internship opportunities with the U.S. Dept. of Justice. They also will get practical advice from attorneys practicing immigration and medical malpractice law and hear from alumni working as judicial law clerks and court staff attorneys.
For questions about the Career Series or to suggest a Career Series program, please contact:
Fall 2017 Career Series Programs
- Careers with the U.S. Dept. of Justice, Wednesday, August 30, with Senior Litigation Counsel William Witherspoon – watch the video here
- Careers as an Immigration Lawyer, Wednesday, September 27, with Brad Banias of Barnwell, Whaley, Patterson & Helms, Emily Guerrero of Catholic Charities Office of Immigration Services, and Marco Torres of The Torres Law Firm – watch the video here
- Judicial Clerkship Panel, Wednesday, October 11, with current and former state and federal law clerks and court staff attorneys Elizabeth Leverette, Michelle McMahon, Crystal Swinford and Megan White – watch the video here
- Careers as a Medical Malpractice Lawyer, Wednesday, November 1, with Wes Allison from the Kahn Law Firm and Darren Sanders from Buyck Sanders and Simmons – watch the video here
Programs are from noon – 1 pm in room 333, 385 Meeting Street. Students should sign up to attend on Symplicity by going to events and then workshops. If you are a 1L and would like to attend, please email Shannon Parker .
Other Fall 2017 Programs
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program – Recruiting information session, Wednesday, November 8, with Bill McLellan and Tri-County VITA Coordinator Jack Bennett – watch the video here